CHEVRON HONG KONG LIMITED ("CHEVRON") NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE (THE "ORDINANCE")
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS NOTICE, PLEASE CONTACT US.
- As a CHEVRON's customer, you may be required from time to time to supply CHEVRON with your personal data, so that CHEVRON can provide you with the products or services which you have requested. The supply of such personal data is not obligatory, but failure to do so may result in CHEVRON not being able to supply or provide you with its products or services.
- The purposes for which your personal data may be used by CHEVRON include: (i) the daily operation relating to the provision of services and products to you; (ii) complying with disclosure requirements as may be required by law; (iii) providing you with information of any products or services (including products and services of CHEVRON's Affiliates and business partners) which CHEVRON believes may be of interest to customers; (iv) designing services or products for customers' use; (v) marketing of services or products (see further details in “Use of personal data in Direct Marketing” below); (vi) to enable you to be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS, smartphone apps or other means allowed by local law; and (vii) any other use specified at the time of collection of such personal data.
- Your personal data held by CHEVRON will be kept confidential but CHEVRON may provide such information to the following parties (whether they are within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes set out in paragraph (b) above: (i) CHEVRON’s Affiliates; (ii) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, accounting, telecommunications, advertising, market research, computer or other services to CHEVRON in connection with the operation of its business; (iii) business partners in order to keep customers informed of products or services which CHEVRON believes may be of interest to customers (including products and services of CHEVRON, CHEVRON's Affiliates and business partners or all of them); and (iv) any other person or organization under a duty of confidentiality to CHEVRON which has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
- Use of personal data in Direct Marketing: CHEVRON intends to use your personal data to provide you with direct marketing materials and will use your personal data for such purpose unless you indicate your objection. In this regard: (i) The personal data to be used for marketing are your name, contact details and demographic information such as gender and age. (ii) The following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed: 1) Fuel discount / offers provided by CHEVRON; 2) Products and services offered by CHEVRON and its Affiliates; 3) Consumer products and services which CHEVRON and its Affiliates believes are of interest to its customers including without limitation apparel and fashion accessories, automobiles, dining, education, e-commerce, electronics, entertainment, food & beverages, health & beauty, hospitality, household, information & media, lifestyle, social networking, sports, technology, telecommunication, transportation & travel, as well as special events or activities in the nature of auctions, contests, games, shows & exhibitions and sweepstakes; 4) Loyalty and reward programmes; and 5) Charitable or non-profit making causes or events. (iii) Your personal data may be provided to CHEVRON‘s Affiliates, or agents on behalf of CHEVRON to be used for the above direct marketing purposes. (iv) You may at any time opt out of your personal data being used for direct marketing as set out above, free of charge, by contacting our Data Protection Officer as indicated below, or in the case of email communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link which forms part of such emails.
- You are entitled to request: (i) access to data held by CHEVRON about you or your account and to update or correct such data; (ii) information on items of data about you which CHEVRON may disclose to third party described in paragraph (c) above for debt collection, credit reference, administrative purposes or other purposes set out in paragraph (b) above; (iii) access to data about you so held by those third parties and to update and correct such data.
- CHEVRON has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any such request(s) made under paragraphs (e)(i) and (e)(ii) above.
- Your personal data will only be retained by CHEVRON for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of its business needs or legal requirements.
- CHEVRON has the right to request additional information from you from time to time for the purpose set out in paragraph (b) above.
- CHEVRON will only use your personal data for purposes set out in paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) above and CHEVRON will use its best endeavour to secure your personal data against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or deletion.
- All requests for access to or correction of personal data or information regarding policies and practices and types of personal data held by CHEVRON should be in writing and forwarded to:
The Data Protection Officer
Chevron Hong Kong Limited
Unit 1501, 15/F, Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre, 223-231 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2582 6288
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
- For the purpose of this Notice, the term “Affiliate” shall mean any person that directly or indirectly Controls, or is Controlled by, or is under common Control with, CHEVRON (where “Control” means direct or indirect beneficial ownership of more than 50% of the voting stock interest in a person or such other relationship as, in fact, constitutes actual control).
Caltex JoyFuel Card Terms & Conditions
- Caltex JoyFuel Card must be used by its Cardholder only. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Cardholder” means the individual to whom the Caltex JoyFuel Card is issued.
- Caltex JoyFuel Card is not a credit card. It may be used only to record purchases made by cash or credit card. The Cardholder must complete transactions by cash or credit card, and accept Chevron Hong Kong Limited (“CHEVRON”)’s records of transactions as authoritative and binding for all intents and purposes.
- All applicants must hold a valid Hong Kong driving license.
- The Caltex JoyFuel Card must be presented prior to purchase and may only be used where suitable online facilities are available and operational.
- The Caltex JoyFuel Card remains the property of CHEVRON and shall be surrendered to CHEVRON by the Cardholder at any time upon CHEVRON’s request. CHEVRON reserves the right to reject any Caltex JoyFuel Card application without giving any reason therefor.
- Every private individual motorist can only apply for one Caltex JoyFuel Card.
- Use of the Caltex JoyFuel Card by the Cardholder shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All Cardholders shall be entitled to participate in the Caltex Fuel Discount Scheme (“Scheme”) subject to the terms and conditions thereof. The Cardholder must present the Caltex JoyFuel Card at time of purchase at any Caltex Service Station, failing which the Cardholder cannot obtain and enjoy the benefits under the Scheme.
- The Cardholder undertakes to inform CHEVRON immediately of any loss or theft of the Caltex JoyFuel Card and confirm the same in writing as soon as possible. CHEVRON shall not be in any event liable for any damage or loss by the Cardholder in relation thereto.
- The Cardholder shall promptly notify CHEVRON in writing of any changes in correspondence address or any other information provided to CHEVRON in connection with the application for the Caltex JoyFuel Card.
- The Cardholder may terminate the account and cancel the Caltex JoyFuel Card by giving not less than fourteen (14) days’ notice in writing to CHEVRON.
- CHEVRON shall have the right to terminate the account and not to accept the use of the Caltex JoyFuel Card by the Cardholder at any time without giving any reason therefor or any prior notice to the Cardholder and without any liability of any nature.
- CHEVRON reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of offers from time to time without prior notice to Cardholders.
- CHEVRON shall not be liable for any claims, actions, demands, losses, costs, liabilities, damages or expenses of whatsoever nature which would have been suffered or has suffered by the Cardholder arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the use of the Caltex JoyFuel Card by the Cardholder or in connection with the Scheme.
- CHEVRON may contact you with information regarding its other products, services and promotions. If you do not want to receive any information about promotional offers, please advise Chevron’s Data Protection Officer in writing.
- In case of dispute, Chevron Hong Kong Limited reserves the right to final decision.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.